These Cajun Spiced Oyster Crackers made with just 4 ingredients are a quick and easy snack that are sure to be a hit! They’re also great for topping soup, chili, and even salad!
Need a yummy snack for your next party? Make a batch or two of these Cajun Spiced Oyster Crackers for your guests to have with drinks and watch them disappear. You’ll see…everyone will keep finding their way back to the bowl. They can be a bit addicting!
Oyster crackers are good, but they can be a bit boring, so why not spice them up a little? Add some Cajun seasoning, and you’ve got yourself some tasty little crackers that are super delicious as a snack or sprinkled on some soup, chili, or salad!
I made a batch of my favorite Broccoli, Cauliflower and Cheese Soup to share with you this week (recipe coming up next!), and I love to top it with these Cajun Spiced Oyster Crackers, so I thought I’d share this recipe with you as well. The soup is really delicious all by itself, but I just love the crunch and flavor that these little gems bring when sprinkled on top.
And if I’m making a salad and am out of croutons, these make a darn fine substitute!
INGREDIENTS YOU NEED:
- Oyster crackers
- Olive oil (or melted butter)
- Cajun seasoning
HERE’S A QUICK LOOK AT HOW TO MAKE CAJUN SPICED OYSTER CRACKERS:
Use your favorite brand of Cajun seasoning. I make my own using Emeril’s Original Essence recipe because it’s made from spices I already have on hand. Plus, it’s really good, and I can control the amount of heat to what we like by adjusting the amount of cayenne pepper.
Oyster crackers are not usually salted on the outside, so I find that I need to sprinkle them with salt in addition to the Cajun seasoning for the best flavor. The amount of salt you will need will depend on how much, if any, salt is in your Cajun seasoning.
Store the cooled crackers in an airtight container or bag, and they should last for at least a week – although mine never last that long. Once I know they are there, I just keep grabbing a few here and there until they’re gone!
Stay tuned for that Broccoli, Cauliflower and Cheese Soup that’s coming up next. These are so good with it!
I hope you try this recipe for Cajun Spiced Oyster Crackers and love it as much as I do. Thanks for visiting today, and happy snacking!
Cajun Spiced Oyster Crackers
- 1 9-ounce bag oyster crackers
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, regular or light (extra virgin not recommended)
- 4 teaspoons Cajun seasong
- salt, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 250°F.
- Place the oyster crackers in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, combine the olive oil and Cajun seasoning. Pour over the crackers.
- Stir well to combine, ensuring that all crackers are coated.
- Spread the crackers out evenly in one layer on a baking sheet (I use a 17.25 x 11.5-inch baking sheet). Sprinkle with salt to taste (the amount of salt you will need will depend on how much, if any, salt is in your Cajun seasoning).
- Bake for 30 minutes or until the crackers are dry and golden brown.
- Let cool completely on the baking sheet.
- You can use melted butter in place of the olive oil, if desired.
- Store cooled crackers in an airtight container or bag. They should last for at least a week.