Making brownies from scratch is a breeze when you have the right recipe! These Easy Homemade Cocoa Brownies are everything a brownie should be: fudgy, moist and chewy with lightly crispy edges. Give them a try and get ready to ditch the box for good!
Raise your hand if you love brownies! I do! I’ll best most you do too.
In fact, I don’t think I’ve ever met anyone who doesn’t. I have never seen someone turn down a brownie. I mean, come on, all that chocolatey, fudgy, chewy deliciousness…what’s not to love?
For that reason, I think every home cook should have a really good basic brownie recipe. This, my friends, is IT!
All you need is a few simple ingredients and about 30 minutes to make homemade brownies that everyone will love!
I always used to make brownies from a box, and I loved them. I started making them from scratch when I had a craving for brownies one night but had no brownie mix in the house.
I tried the easiest recipe I could find. They were just as easy to make AND they were sooo much better! Bye-bye, box!
This recipe uses cocoa powder, so you don’t have to chop or melt chocolate. You don’t need to pull out a mixer or any fancy equipment.
You just melt some butter, add everything else to that same pot, mix it, pour it in the pan, and bake. DONE!
If the kiddos like cooking with you, this would be an awesome recipe for them to help with!
INGREDIENTS YOU NEED TO MAKE EASY HOMEMADE COCOA BROWNIES:
- Cocoa powder (unsweetened)
- Vanilla extract
- Flour (all-purpose)
- Baking powder
- Cooking spray
HERE’S A QUICK LOOK AT HOW TO MAKE EASY HOMEMADE COCOA BROWNIES:
One tip I have for making sure that your brownies are nice and fudgy and not overcooked: when you check the brownies with a toothpick, take them out of the oven when the toothpick is mostly clean but has just a few moist crumbs on it (no liquid batter, though).
When you have a well-stocked pantry, you can whip up these brownies whenever you want!
I have made many a batch when we decided at the last minute – after dinner – that we wanted some dessert. Even with giving them some time to cool off, you’re only looking at about an hour.
Speaking of cooling off…these are sooo good when they are still just ever so slightly warm!
Oh, and there is absolutely nothing wrong with taking a slightly warm brownie and adding a scoop of ice cream on top and then drizzling it with some hot fudge or caramel (or both!). Yes, puh-leeze!!!
Now, I like my brownies plain – I don’t add nuts or frosting – but you go ahead and add them if you want. You might even want to add some chocolate chips or M&Ms or other goodies.
These are your brownies to enjoy! Have fun with them!
I hope you try this recipe for Easy Homemade Cocoa Brownies and love it as much as I do. Thanks for visiting today!
Easy Homemade Cocoa Brownies
- 8 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder (unsweetened)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- cooking spray
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a medium saucepan, melt the butter and sugar over low heat.
- Turn off the heat and add the cocoa powder and vanilla; stir until combined.
- Allow the mixture to cool slightly and add the eggs (you just want to make sure the mixture is not so hot that the eggs will curdle when you add them – I usually let it cool for about 2 minutes or so); stir until combined.
- Add the flour, salt, and baking powder. Stir gently just until the flour has been incorporated.
- Spray the bottom and sides of an 8×8-inch pan (nonstick recommended). Pour the batter into the pan.If you're not using a nonstick pan or if you're concerned about sticking, you can also line the pan with parchment paper.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out mostly clean (it should have a few moist crumbs on it but no wet batter).
- Allow the brownies to cool completely in the pan. Cut into 9 squares and serve.
Recipe adapted from Allrecipes.