Breakfast Ramen Noodles - Denver Omelet Style
These Denver Omelet Style Breakfast Ramen Noodles are full of ramen noodles, scrambled eggs, ham, peppers, and onions and are so easy and delicious, you'll definitely be coming back for more!
- 1 (3-ounce) package ramen noodle soup with seasoning packet, I use chicken-flavored
- 1 tablespoon butter, divided
- ½ cup chopped bell peppers, about ½-inch pieces
- ½ cup chopped onions, about ½-inch pieces
- 4 slices Black Forest deli ham, about 3 ounces total, chopped into 1-inch pieces
- 4 large eggs, beaten
- salt and pepper, to taste
In a small to medium-sized pot, cook the ramen noodles in boiling water according to the the package (usually 2 cups of water and 3 minutes cooking time), except do not add the seasoning packet to the water.
Drain the noodles and put them back in the pot. Add ½ tablespoon of the butter and the contents of the seasoning packet; stir until the butter is melted and the seasoning is evenly distributed throughout the noodles.
In a large nonstick skillet (I use a 12-inch skillet), melt the remaining ½ tablespoon of butter over medium heat. Add the peppers and onions. Sauté, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 3 to 4 minutes.
Add the ham and cook, stirring occasionally, until it is warmed through and lightly browned, about 2 to 3 minutes.
Add the noodles and the beaten eggs to the pan. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the eggs have set. Taste and season with salt and pepper if needed.