Got 5 minutes? Homemade Hummus is so quick, easy, and delicious you may never use store-bought hummus again! You'll probably save a few pennies, too!
Servings: 12 (2 Tablespoons Each) (Recipe Makes About 1½ Cups Total)
- 1½ cups cooked chickpeas, or 1 (15.5-ounce) can, drained and rinsed
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- ¼ cup tahini
- 2 small cloves garlic, or more or less, to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- salt, to taste
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper, optional
- olive oil, for drizzling, optional
- chopped fresh parsley , for garnish, optional
- red pepper flakes, for garnish, optional
Combine all ingredients in a food processor or high-powered blender and blend until smooth. If the hummus is too thick, slowly add some water, about a tablespoon at a time, until you reach the desired consistency.
Garnish with a drizzle of olive oil and a sprinkle of chopped fresh parsley and red pepper flakes, if desired.
Store any leftover hummus in an air-tight container in the refrigerator for up to a week.
- Calorie estimate does not include any additional olive oil drizzled on as a garnish.