Homemade Taco Sauce
Homemade Taco Sauce is quick, easy, and soooo delicious! All you need is 20 minutes, tomato sauce, vinegar, and spices you probably already have in your cabinet. Bye-bye, bottled sauce!
Servings: 16 (2 tablespoons each - recipe makes about 2 cups total)
- 2 (8-ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 2/3 cup water
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper, optional, more or less to taste
Combine all ingredients in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
Bring to a boil, reduce the heat to low, and simmer for 20 minutes or until sauce has thickened slightly.
Remove from heat and let the sauce cool slightly before serving.
- Refrigerate leftover sauce for up to a week or freeze for longer-term storage.