Caesar Salad (My Way)
This is my version of Caesar Salad - fresh, crisp romaine lettuce, croutons, Parmesan cheese, black pepper, and - the best part - a creamy, garlicky homemade dressing that has no anchovies or raw egg. So easy and so delicious!
Servings: 4 (with 2 tablespoons of dressing per serving)
- 1 clove garlic, minced, or 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ½ teaspoon Dijon mustard
- ½ teaspoon dry ground mustard
- 1½ tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 6 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons regular olive oil (extra-virgin not recommended)
- 8 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 2 cups croutons, homemade or store-bought
- 4 tablespoons freshly shredded or grated Parmesan cheese
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Assemble the salad:
In a large bowl, toss the romaine lettuce and croutons with 8 tablespoons of the dressing. (You can add more or less dressing to suit your taste.)
Divide the salad evenly among 4 salad plates. Top each with 1 tablespoon of freshly shredded or grated Parmesan cheese and some freshly ground black pepper.
- Store any leftover salad dressing in the refrigerator for 3 to 5 days.
- Calorie estimate was calculated based on using 2 tablespoons of dressing per serving. If you add more, each additional tablespoon of dressing is approximately 72 total calories (18 calories per serving).