Black Bean Taco Salad
This easy Black Bean Taco Salad is filled with healthy veggies topped with cheese, sour cream, salsa, and tortilla strips. Seasoned black beans take the place of meat for a deliciously light meatless meal!
- 2 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- ½ cup black beans, home-cooked or canned (drain and rinse if canned)
- ½ teaspoon taco seasoning
- ¼ cup chopped red bell pepper
- ¼ cup corn, fresh (cooked), frozen (thawed), or canned (drained)
- 4 grape or cherry tomatoes, quartered
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons Mexican blend shredded cheese
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
- 3 tablespoons salsa, homemade or your favorite store-bought
- ¼ cup corn tortilla strips
- 1 tablespoon thinly sliced green onion
In a small bowl, toss the black beans with the taco seasoning.
Place the lettuce in your serving bowl (this is a bigger salad, so use a larger bowl).
Top with the black beans, red bell peppers, corn, and grape tomatoes. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Top with the cheese, sour cream, salsa, tortilla strips, and green onions. Enjoy!
- I think this salad is absolutely perfect as is, but feel free to add more or less of any ingredient to suit your own personal tastes.
- Iceberg lettuce can be used instead of romaine lettuce
- Taco sauce can be used in place of salsa.
- A squeeze of fresh lime juice would be a delicious addition to this salad.