These oven-baked homemade croutons are so simple and delicious. Once you make your own, you may never buy them again. Get ready to take your salads to the next level of deliciousness!
Servings: 4 (about 1/2 cup each)
- 2 cups cubed bread (1/2-inch cubes)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- salt and pepper, to taste
- other seasonings (optional), to taste
Preheat your oven to 350°F.
Brush a rimmed sheet pan with 1 tablespoon of the olive oil.
Place the cubed bread on the sheet pan and drizzle with the remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Season with salt and pepper (and any other seasonings you would like). Toss to coat the bread cubes evenly with the olive oil and seasonings.
Bake until the croutons are dry and crispy and golden brown (note: they will crisp up more as they cool), tossing occasionally so that all sides get brown and crispy, about 15 minutes. Keep a close eye on them so they don't burn.
Remove from the oven and cool completely on the sheet pan.
- Suggestions for possible other seasonings: garlic powder, Italian seasoning, seasoned salt, oregano, Parmesan cheese.
- Store any leftover croutons in an air-tight container for up to a week.