Easy Red Velvet Cake Mix Cookies
These Easy Red Velvet Cake Mix Cookies are big, sweet, soft, chewy, crinkly, and as delicious as they are pretty!
Servings: 21 cookies (approximately)
- 1 (15.25-ounce) box red velvet cake mix
- 2 large eggs
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- ½ cup white chocolate chips
- ½ cup semisweet chocolate chips
Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper.
In a large bowl, stir together the red velvet cake mix, eggs, and vegetable oil until well-combined. Note: The dough will be rather stiff and sticky and a little shiny. This is totally normal!
Add the chocolate chips and stir them in until they are evenly distributed throughout the dough.
Using a heaping tablespoon for each cookie, roll the dough into balls and place them on the baking sheets at least 2 inches apart (they will spread quite a bit during baking). I do one dozen on one sheet and the rest on the other. For a prettier presentation, add a few extra chips to the tops of the dough balls. This is optional, but it really does make the cookies look nice!
Bake each sheet (use the center rack of the oven) for 10 to 12 minutes or until the tops are set (they look dry) and the cookies have begun to develop cracks. Note: I recommend baking one sheet at a time so that the cookies bake evenly. If you put both sheets in the oven at the same time on different racks, you might get inconsistent results.
Allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes, then transfer them to a wire cooling rack to cool completely.
- I love the combination of both white and semisweet chocolate chips, but you could do 1 cup of one or the other if you'd prefer (or you could do no chips at all).
- Store cookies in an airtight container for up to 3 to 5 days.
- Yes, these cookies are freezable!
- These cookies are totally customizable! Try different flavors of cake mix along with any mix-ins you'd like.