Easy Homemade Buttermilk Ranch Dressing
This Easy Homemade Buttermilk Ranch Dressing is fresh, cool, creamy, tangy, herby, garlicky, and perfect for drizzling over your favorite salad, dipping veggies, or however you like to use ranch!
Servings: 8 (2 tablespoons each; recipe makes about 1 cup total)
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup sour cream
- ½ cup buttermilk
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon dried dill
- ½ teaspoon dried chives
- ½ teaspoon dried parsley
- ¼ teaspoon seasoned salt, or to taste
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper, or to taste
Place all of the ingredients in a bowl.
Whisk/stir until well-combined. Taste and adjust seasoning if needed.
Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours to allow the herbs to rehydrate and the flavors to blend together (overnight is even better!).
- If you don't have buttermilk, you can make a buttermilk substitute using regular milk and either white vinegar or lemon juice. For this recipe, put ½ tablespoon of either vinegar or lemon juice in a measuring cup and add enough milk to make ½ cup. Stir and let it sit for 5 to 10 minutes, and then it's ready to use.
- Want to make it a thicker homemade ranch dip instead? Omit the buttermilk, use ½ cup of mayonnaise, ½ cup of sour cream, add a teaspoon of lemon juice and the herbs and spices.
- Store your dressing in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Assuming you start with super fresh mayonnaise, sour cream, and buttermilk, it should last up to a week.