Pound Cake With Marsala Mixed Berries
Pound Cake with Marsala Mixed Berries might sound fancy, but it's a quick and easy summertime dessert that you can put together in no time!
- 8 ounces fresh strawberries, hulled and quartered (about 2 cups)
- 3 ounces fresh raspberries (about 1 cup)
- 3 ounces fresh blueberries (about 1 cup)
- 3 ounces fresh blackberries (about 1 cup)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons sweet Marsala wine
- 4 slices pound cake, about 1-inch thick
- 8 tablespoons whipped cream
Place the strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, and blackberries in a medium bowl.
Add the sugar and the Marsala wine. Stir well to combine and coat all of the berries with the sugar and wine.
Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour to allow the berries to macerate, stirring occasionally. Don't skip this step! The berries will begin to soften and release some of their liquid during this time (making a delicious juice), and they will become sweeter and soak up the flavor of the Marsala. The longer you let the berries sit, the softer they will become and the more liquid that will be released.
To serve: Spoon one quarter of the berry mixture and juice over each slice of pound cake. Top each with 2 tablespoons whipped cream.
- Use a Marsala wine that you would enjoy drinking. Don't use cooking wine.
- You can omit the Marsala wine for a kid-friendly version or if you prefer not to have alcohol.