Instant Pot Soft-Boiled Eggs
Instant Pot Soft-Boiled Eggs are super easy to make and have firm whites (no slime!) and wonderfully runny yolks. This is the best method I've found for consistently perfect soft-boiled eggs every time!
Servings: 6 (1 egg each)
- 1 to 6 large cold eggs, straight from the refrigerator (you could cook 1 egg at a time up to 6 eggs at a time, depending on how many you need)
- 2 cups cold water
- ice water (for cooling the eggs)
Place the steaming rack/trivet in the Instant pot; set the cold eggs on top of the rack.
Pour the cold water into the Instant Pot.
Close the lid and set the steam release valve to SEALING.
Set the Instant Pot to cook at LOW pressure for 3 minutes (for an 8-quart Instant Pot) or 4 minutes (for a 6-quart Instant Pot). Note: It will take the Instant Pot about 8 minutes to come to pressure before the cooking time starts to count down.
When the time is up, immediately quick-release the pressure.
Immediately place the eggs in a bowl of ice water for about 30 seconds or just until they have cooled enough to safely handle.
Peel and serve immediately.
*Consuming raw or undercooked eggs may increase your risk of foodborne illness.
- There may be a little trial and error when you first try cooking soft-boiled eggs in your Instant Pot. You may like your eggs cooked more or less than I like mine. Also, many things can affect the cooking time (such as Instant Pot model and size, water temperature and amount, egg temperature, size, and quantity, altitude, etc.). Once you get the timing right, you will get consistent results every time! This recipe should be pretty darn close, though, if not spot on!
- Sometimes I find that the eggs are a not as easy to peel as I would like. If you are having difficulty peeling the eggs, just cut the egg in half and scoop the egg out of the shell.
- I tested this recipe using standard store-bought large eggs and both an 8-quart IP DUO Instant Pot and a 6-quart IP DUO PLUS Instant Pot.