Easy Baked Meatballs
These Easy Baked Meatballs are tender, juicy, and full of incredible flavor - and there's NO FRYING! Make them with your favorite ground meat and use them in all your favorite recipes (mine is Meatball Subs - recipe included)!
Servings: 4 (4 meatballs each - recipe makes 16 meatballs total)
- 1 pound ground meat with 10 to 20% fat content (beef, meatloaf mix, turkey, etc.)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ cup finely diced onion
- 1 large egg
- ¼ cup Italian seasoned Panko breadcrumbs
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 2 tablespoons milk
- salt and pepper, to taste
Preheat the oven to 400°F. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
Place all ingredients in a large bowl and gently mix (I use my hands) just until everything is combined and evenly distributed. Note: Don't over-work the meat mixture, as this can make the meatballs tough. If the mixture is too wet and won't nicely hold the shape of a meatball, add a little more breadcrumbs. If the mixture is too dry, add a bit more milk.
Roll into 16 balls, each about the size of a golf ball, and place on the baking sheet.
Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or just until the meatballs are cooked through (minimum safe temperature for ground beef, pork, veal, and lamb is 160°F; for ground turkey and chicken, it's 165°F). Note: Overcooking the meatballs can make them dry and/or tough.
The meatballs are now ready to use in your favorite recipes!
TO MAKE 4 MEATBALL SUBS:
- For the most juicy, flavorful, tender meatballs, I recommend using ground meat that is as close to 20% fat content as you can get. Leaner meat can result in drier meatballs.
- Calorie estimate shown is for the meatballs only using 80/20 ground beef. Estimated calories per serving using 85/15 ground turkey is 324.
- Place 16 meatballs in a medium saucepan with one jar of your favorite marinara sauce; heat through.
- Lightly toast 4 sub rolls.
- Place 4 meatballs on each sub roll with some sauce (not too much, as it could make the bread soggy).
- Top with Parmesan and mozzarella cheese (put on as little or as much as you like!).
- Broil until the cheese is melted.