Fruit Loop Crispy Treats
These Fruit Loop Crispy Treats are a fun and super delicious twist on classic Rice Krispies treats. With their bright colors and fruity flavor, these might just become your new favorite no-bake dessert!
Servings: 24 squares
- cooking spray
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 10 ounces marshmallows (regular size or mini)
- 4 cups fruit loop cereal (such as Froot Loops or Tootie Fruities)
- 2 cups crispy rice cereal (such as Rice Krispies or Crispy Rice)
Spray a 9x13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
In a large pot (you need one large enough to hold all of the ingredients and be able to stir them together), melt the butter over low heat.
Add the marshmallows and continue cooking over low heat, stirring constantly, until the marshmallows are melted and the mixture is smooth.
Remove the pot from the heat and stir in the cereals. Stir until all of the cereal is evenly coated with the marshmallow mixture.
Immediately pour the mixture into the baking dish (you want it to still be warm so you can easily spread it into the dish). Spray a spatula with cooking spray. Use the spatula to spread the mixture evenly in the baking dish, and then to lightly press it down to compact it a bit.
Allow to cool completely, and then cut into 24 squares (or 12 if you would like bigger squares).
- If you would prefer, you can grease the pan with butter instead of the cooking spray.
- If you are using regular-sized marshmallows, about 40 marshmallows will equal 10 ounces.
- If you would like thicker treats (these are about ¾ inch), use a smaller pan.
- Store leftovers covered with plastic wrap, in a plastic bag or airtight container. They should last a couple of days at room temperature. You can also freeze them (place in an airtight container, separating any layers with wax paper). Thaw and enjoy.