Turkey Italian Hoagie
This scrumptious homemade Turkey Italian Hoagie is filled with turkey, ham, salami, cheese, veggies, and a red wine vinegar dressing. It's perfect for a quick and easy lunch or dinner!
Servings: 1 (to 2)
- 1 hoagie roll, about 10 to 12 inches long
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1½ ounces provolone cheese
- 1½ ounces salami
- 1½ ounces deli ham
- 1½ ounces deli turkey
- ⅓ cup shredded lettuce
- ¼ cup thinly sliced onion
- 2 slices tomato, halved
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ⅛ teaspoon garlic powder
Split the hoagie rolls down the middle lengthwise, but don't cut all the way through (you want to open it up like a book).
Spread the mayonnaise evenly on one side of the roll.
Add the provolone cheese, salami, ham, and turkey.
Add the lettuce, onions, and tomatoes. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
In a small bowl, whisk together the red wine vinegar, olive oil, oregano, garlic powder, and a pinch of salt.
If serving immediately, drizzle the dressing on the hoagie and enjoy! If not serving immediately, wrap the hoagie and refrigerate without the dressing. Add the dressing to the hoagie when serving. This will keep the hoagie from getting soggy while it sits.
- The amounts for the cheese and meats are given as weights because slices can vary depending on how thick the deli slices them. Usually, about 2 slices of each will equal the weights shown. It's totally fine if you have a little more or less.
- The amounts of each ingredient used are just guidelines based on how I like to make this sandwich. Feel free to adjust amounts to suit your own individual tastes.
- If you like sweet and/or hot peppers, they would be an excellent addition to this hoagie.